The cat sat all day on the window sill
Imagining what was going on outdoors
Suddenly, his little friend, Sally
Opened the window where her Kitty Cat sat
FREEDOM! Out the window he leaped!
How delightful this was!
He saw birds and squirrels and he
started to begin a chase.
To his surprise, they all ran up the tree.
The Kitty Cat started to climb up that tree,
but nothing was there.
He started to meow because he didn't
know how to come down.
His meows got louder, and LOUDER, and LOUDER!
All of a sudden, he saw his friend, Sally
climbing up the tree and she reached up high
and as gentle as she could be
She carefully put her Kitty Cat in her arms
And climbed down from the tree.
The Kitty Cat's meow turned into
One big PURR!
8 comments:
Hi-
this is such a beautiful piece. I love the adventure and I love the rescue - and the whole concept of "friendship". Heartwarming.
Love you
Gail
peace.....
Anne, this is lovely...and I can just picture Sally going up the tree to get her beloved cat.
I feel my inner child wanting to run and play every time I visit you my friend.....:-) hugs
Hi Anne, kittens are a favorite of mine, but I've never had to climb a tree to rescue one...have you?
Love,
Wanda
Gail,
Thanks so much for the lovely comment. I am glad you liked it.
Take care.
Bernie,
How sweet of you. I quess there always is the kid in us. It makes us young.
Take care.
Hi Wanda,
Kittens and Cats are my most favorite as well. No I never had to rescue a cat from a tree only under bushes.
Take care and have a great weekend.
Ahh the feel of freedom - so sweetly known by your words. To venture and be in safety's embrace - you offer such a delicate balance. ♥
Thank you, Rose Marie for your kinds words. I do so appreciate your visits.
Post a Comment