May 02, 2010

The Dream



Dreaming of you in the daylight
Even in the darkness of the night
For when I close my eyes
My thoughts are of you
In the night I saw you
In the window of our house
Right beside you was a
backpack and a crumbled
Up Lay's Potato Chip bag
I couldn't believe my eyes
For it all seemed so real
There was a knock on the door
At the opening there you were
standing right outside my door
We hugged until we fell to the ground
But then I awoke because it was not real
Only thoughts like these come out
In the darkness of the night.

16 comments:

Bernie said...

This poem is so sad, like it is missing someone.......:-) Hugs

Anonymous said...

Such a sad feeling to awake and find it was all a dream.

Lorraine said...

Haunting...wow

Theresa Milstein said...

So mysterious. I agree with Niki. It has a dreamlike quality. Like Bernie said, it's sad too.

Gail said...

Hi

Oh my, so intense. I feel the longing, the desire, the grief the hope of what will never be. :-(

Loving you
Gail
peace.....

Anonymous said...

your poem carry such beautiful feelings...what talent!

yonca said...

This beautiful poem expresses the feelings missing someone you love perfectly. Hugs!

Together We Save said...

Love that poem... I can feel how much you are missing someone!!

Anne said...

Hi Bernie,
Yes, I am missing someone. Thanks for your visit.

Anne said...

Niki,
The funny thing about this dream was that it was so real. I quess dreams are like that sometime.

Anne said...

Lorraine,
Haunting? Yes, because it seemed so real.

Anne said...

Theresa,
Thanks for your visit.

Anne said...

Gail,
The dream seemed so real. I do have hope that the dream will become a reality some day. I do believe that someday it will be.

Anne said...

Hi jingle,
Thank you for your nice comment. I do apppreciate it. Thank you for your visit.

Anne said...

Hi yonca,
Thank you for your lovely comment. Yes, it is about someone that I miss.
Take care. Smiles.

Anne said...

Together We Save,
Thank you for your visit and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate it.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele