May 07, 2010

The Halls of Glory



I have come to realize
That golden place that I once knew
Where teachers teach and children learn
Is no longer what it used to be
I always thought I could go back
Now hearing what is going on
A realization comes to me
You can't go back to what you once had
The phone will still ring
And the feet will still walk
Down that hall of glory
With a smile on my face
For a day or two,or three or four or five
Still feeling the energy from
The outside looking in.

10 comments:

VKT said...

It really has changed so much hasn't it Anne dear. Happy Mother's Day to you as well my blogging friend....blessings

Bernie said...

One thing we can always count on is change and unless we are full time Anne we don't always fit in.
Happy Mothers Day my friend....Hugs

Lorraine said...

Well put Anne, I guess the only thing that is a constant, is Love, and with your love of teaching and children, you can do no wrong :)

Anne said...

Hi VKT,
It has changed. It always amazes me. Thanks so much for your visit.

Anne said...

Hi Bernie,
Yes, life is always changing and that is life. I still feel like I fit in at that school because I still have a very close friend that still works there and I still know many people there. It was my first teaching job when I came to Florida, so I have a very special place in my heart for it. The adminsitration has changed, so things are not they way they were when I was there, that is why I prefer to be an outsider looking in.

Anne said...

Lorraine,
Thanks for the sweet comment. That is so true. I do love teaching.
Have a great day.

yonca said...

So true! We can't go back to what we once had.Lol,time does fly!
Have a lovely Mother's Day!

Anne said...

yonca,
Time does fly. True, we can't go back, but we need to cherish each moment.
Happy Mother's Day to you, too.

Theresa Milstein said...

Oh, I can relate to this. Some of it is times have changed. Some of it is we've changed. Once in a while, I long to be back there, but most times I'm thrilled I'm not!

Anne said...

Hi Theresa,
I knew you would be able to relate.
Have a great day.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele