November 29, 2010

The Morning Glow



My eyes opened wide and bright
As the sun appeared through the window pane
Jumping out of bed to step outside
To see what was in store
There was the morning glow
Just as it has always been
It took my breathe away
The glow continues to be etched
In my soul for it will always
Be a part of me!

24 comments:

Raph G. Neckmann said...

What a beautiful poem, Choices! You have expressed that wonderful anticipation of the day so vividly.

Gail said...

Beautiful poem, lovely image. Blended they are an awakening. Hallelujah!

Love Gail
peace.....

Bernie said...

Well written Choices, love the photo......:-) Hugs

Windsmoke. said...

Fantastic photo of the sun appearing as a white disc hanging in the sky and the poem blended in nicely with it.

yonca said...

I felt the sun reading your lovely poem and seeing that beautiful pic, Choice:)

Claudia said...

Sometimes the challenge is to keep the glow within you throughout the day. Come to think of it, that would be a good mantra to live by!

J E Fritz said...

Wonderful imagery. I feel like I'm getting up and watching the sun rise.

Wanda..... said...

That morning glow is my favorite time of day... sunrises make me happy!

Smiles...Wanda

Theresa Milstein said...

I enjoyed this. Love the soft glow of the sun first thing in the morning too.

Anne said...

Raph,
Nice to see you here.
Let the sun shine throughout the day!

Anne said...

Gail,
Thank you so much for your beautiful comment. Your visits are so appreciated.
Take care.

Anne said...

Bernie,
Thank you for your nice compliment.
Smiles to you.

Anne said...

Windsmoke,
Thank you.

Anne said...

yonca,
Oh! How lovely!
Smiles to you!

Anne said...

Claudia,
Very well said. We need to always try to keep the glow within us! Yes, a good motto to live by.
Smiles.

Anne said...

JEfritz,
So glad the poem made you feel that way because that is exactly what I did!
Smiles.

Anne said...

Wanda,
Yes, sunrise is a beautiful time of day. I was in such awe, when the sun was shining through the window. All I kept saying was, "WOW!" The sunrise is so magnificent!
Smiles.

Anne said...

Theresa,
Nice to see you here. I am glad that you liked the poem. It means alot to me.
Take care.

Robyn Campbell said...

Oh what a lovely poem. I loved the: In my soul for it will always
Be a part of me! Those two lines said it all. Beautiful!

Anne said...

Robyn,
Thank you for your nice compliment. I do appreciate it!
Smiles to you.

SM said...

Lovely words! I have already read it 3 times!

I am your new follower :) Please stop-by my blog when you get a chance.

Anne said...

Hi Esther,
Welcome. Thanks for the follow.

Talli Roland said...

Beautiful poem! Thank you.

Anne said...

Talli,
Welcome and thank you for the follow.
I do appreciate your nice comment about my poem.
Smiles.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele