November 11, 2010

For You



Many moons ago,it was said
You need to befriend her
Thoughts went through the brain
That would never be
Through the years
trying as hard as I could muster
I greeted you with a smile, some kindness
And gentle words
The gestures were never returned
Now I realize as time went by
In your own unique style
You befriended me
Although you are still alive
I wish you were still around
Much gratitute and a heartful
Thanks go out to you.

12 comments:

yonca said...

Another great poem with deep thought, very emotional and meaningful. Thanks!

Windsmoke. said...

Very touching and heartfelt i enjoyed this poem very much.

Anne said...

yonca,
Thank you for your nice comment. I do appreciate your visits. Thanks.
Smiles to you.

Anne said...

Windsmoke,
Thank you to you, too.
Smiles.

J E Fritz said...

I liked this poem. It's full of emotion and makes me think of people I haven't seen for years.

Anyway, I emailed you and it bounced back, so I'm leaving you my address: jefritz4@gmail.com

Can't wait for the next poem!

Anne said...

JEFritz,
Thank you for a lovely comment.
Smiles to you.

Claudia said...

Made me wistful. Made me remember.

Anne said...

Claudia,
I appreciate your visits. Thank you.

Theresa Milstein said...

Sounds like a complicated person. Interesting dynamics going on.

It's nice how you carefully consider the people in your life.

Robyn Campbell said...

Nice poem. Very moving. Affecting. Thank you for sharing it. I love knowing poets. You are one, that's for sure. :) Happy Thanksgiving.

Anne said...

Theresa,
Thanks for your visit and the nice comment.
Smiles to you.

Anne said...

Robyn,
Wow! What a nice compliment. Me, a poet! Thank you.
Happy Thanksgiving to you,too.
Smiles.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele