I sat down at the computer ready to write, but the words did not come to mind.
Thought I needed some inspiration, so, I looked up famous Author quotes.
These words sounded just like ME!
" After all, most writing is done away from the typewriter, away from the desk,
I'd say it occurs in the quiet, silent moments, while walking, shaving or
playing a game, or whatever or even talking to someone you are not
vitally interested in."
Henry James
American Author
January 05, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Practice
Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele
-
My eyes opened wide and bright As the sun appeared through the window pane Jumping out of bed to step outside To see what was in store There...
-
The door flew open. Kitty Cat dashed right out. She ran as fast as she could. Where did she go? To meet her friends, Mookie and Panther,of c...
-
Dreaming of you in the daylight Even in the darkness of the night For when I close my eyes My thoughts are of you In the night I saw you In ...
11 comments:
I write more on my walks than in front of the computer!
So true! I'd say I'm a writer wannabe/should-be...and I have bits circling in my mind every day. May you find plenty of inspiration in 2012!
Love this quote! Isn't that the truth? I had a writing epiphany early this morning as I lay in bed trying to wake up...
Anne, some of my best writing is done on my walks.
I'm always feeling the inspiration in nature!
Great quote!
Have a great day!
Margie :)
I love how you received your words of inspiration, Henry James gives us much to think about.....:-)Hugs
Hi - and yes, so true. I love how you process
Love Gail
peace.....
That's very true! I do some of my best writing in the shower.
Natalie Goldberg is good to consult, I mean some of her books, with this sort of thing.
Love the quote!!!!! It is awesome. I write on horseback. Nothing better, my friend.
Let us hope I complete all my writing goals for this year, this year. Know what I mean? *waving*
SO GODDAMN TRUE.
That is so true! My best breakthroughs are when I'm away from the computer, not even trying hard to have an epiphany. I had one when I was flat ironing my hair over the December break.
Straight hair + fabulous idea = win!
Post a Comment