June 23, 2011

The Hike



Climbing through the snow and dirt
High up upon the Mountain top
Helping and holding along the way
Slipping and slidding on the snow
Even with our walking sticks in hand
Finally, we desended to the lake-
Oh! What beauty surrounded our mist!

10 comments:

Gail said...

oh my, this is so beautiful - I love Winter scenes and the idea of holding on together to finally reach the bliss - nothin' better!
Love to you
Gail
peace.....

Theresa Milstein said...

You must miss the cooler weather!

I live in the city so I rarely get to appreciate mountain views of the snow. Sounds lovely.

Margie said...

Your picture is fantastic, Anne.
As well as your poem!
I know you must have loved that hike!

Margie :)

Robyn Campbell said...

Excellent picture, beautiful words. I was right there with you. :-)

yonca said...

Beautiful! Reminds me last winter tough.

Wanda..... said...

You have painted a cool refreshing picture in my mind, Anne.

Talli Roland said...

Sounds like a great hike. I love walking in the mountains.

Claudia said...

I love the breathlessness in the poem. However, am not waxing poetical for the snow!

Theresa Milstein said...

Just stopped by to see if you had written anything new. Enjoyed this poem again on a warm day.

Margaret Pangert said...

Refreshing to see this in the middle of a hot, summer day! I enlarged the photo--wow, so spectacular... Was the lake frozen over? The poem makes us feel the joy of reaching this breathtaking beauty. Great post, Choices.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele