November 30, 2011

A Surprise Visitor On My Walk

The cool crisp morning air was calling out my name, so the feet
just moved right outside the door to enjoy the morning air.
With my camera strap around my neck and the headphones in my
ears listening to soft soothing music.
A visitor came out to greet me, so I just SNAPPED!!

20 comments:

Gail said...

HI - great 'catch', a wild turkey, right? :-)
Love to you and yours
Gail
peace.....

Anne said...

Gail,It is a peacock!

Anonymous said...

What a fun photo. Very satisfying to snap it unexpectedly.

Margie said...

Anne, what a great encounter to come upon the peacock on your morning walk!
Love the picture!!!

So nice to talk with you this morning!
It was a good chat!
Talk again soon.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Smiles to you!

Margaret Pangert said...

And he just missed Thanksgiving! (Since you told us, I do see the peacock tail.) Great closeup! Wonder where your cat was? :) Love the enthusiasm of morning's wake-up call--can feel it in your words.

Jenean said...

so... i am wondering how close you got, I noticed he is missing his tail feathers.... :)

Wanda..... said...

I thought he was a wild turkey too, Anne. Reaaly looks similar to one!

Anne said...

The unexpected photos are the best. Today, I wished I had my camera-There were more peacocks. One that looked like it was about to open is feathers, but didn't.

Anne said...

Madeleine,
That message I posted before this one was for YOU!! just forgot to put your name there!

Anne said...

Margie, I saw more peacocks today on my walk. They are so beautiful!

Anne said...

Margaret,
We have peacocks in our neighborhood and every so often, I see them when I go on my walks. I should always bring a camera because today would have been a beautiful shot.
My cat was in the house far away from the peacocks. Thank you so much as always for your supportive comments and visits.

Anne said...

Jenean,
I did get very close to the peacock. Tails on peacocks look like that.

Anne said...

Wanda,
Peacocks are in my neighborhood! Every time, I see them, I get excited!

Claudia said...

We have wild turkeys. Last year they appeared in our driveway on Thanksgiving! I ran out yelling, "Run for your lives." Don't think the neighbors were amused.

Talli Roland said...

What is that?!?!

Ah, a peacock. Where did it come from? Yikes! Well done you for snapping it!

Anne said...

Claudia,
They are peacocks not turkeys.

Anne said...

Talli,
We have peacocks in the neighborhood. A neighbor told me that they live in trees near a lake that is in our neighborhood. I have lived here for 2 years and have never seen them on my walks until now.

Sharon Wagner said...

He is lucky he is so beautiful. (So close to Thanksgiving) Peaferkey perhaps?

Anne said...

Peaferkey,lol.

Theresa Milstein said...

Very cool! Great shot.

There's a wild turkey I've seen walking around Cambridge, if you can believe it. But I haven't seen the turkey in a long time.

I like visiting the Franklin Park Zoo because they have a peacock walking around.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele