The tears filled up in the eyes
for the place was not what I knew
Each and every room looked worst than the next
My heart sank to my toes
But, then the light began to shine
For I knew it was time to fix it as it should be
To make it as I knew it was
The door will be closed
When it is new
For a time has passed
But the memories will always remain
February 22, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Practice
Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele
-
My eyes opened wide and bright As the sun appeared through the window pane Jumping out of bed to step outside To see what was in store There...
-
The door flew open. Kitty Cat dashed right out. She ran as fast as she could. Where did she go? To meet her friends, Mookie and Panther,of c...
-
Dreaming of you in the daylight Even in the darkness of the night For when I close my eyes My thoughts are of you In the night I saw you In ...
6 comments:
Hi Anne - some times memories leave us sad - truth can be harsh. Yet hope is still alive.
Love Gail
peace....
Memories (especially good ones) are such a comfort!
Nice writing, Anne ..
I especially like this line
*But, then the light began to shine*
I must admit I'm not a poet but I do read poetry and enjoy it. I'm not sure what you are getting at with them poem but I did enjoy it. Have a great poetry day....
Yes, I know that feeling. Memories can be all things.
Oh Anne, I have been reflecting on memories too. With all that is going on with Christopher, every day is its own blessing. Every day I want to make memories. LOVE "But, then the light began to shine
For I knew it was time to fix it as it should be
To make it as I knew it was" :-)
Thank you all for your visits. I appreciate your comments, Thank you!
Post a Comment