
These words have been written down before
When the phone rings in the dark of the night
My heart jumps for joy
For I am where I want to be
That hall of glory is calling me
One again to shine and glow for a day
With the teachers all saying, "Hello,
who are you today?"
Is always a welcoming sound to hear
The best part of the day is through
the halls, there are the hellos
from children that I know
It is all good
For it makes me feel like I belong.
9 comments:
Very well written. It's wonderful having a job you love:)
While I was jarred awake at the 5:30 a.m. phone calls - I do remember to looking forward to the day. Well-said!
I really like this poem Ann, it shows how much you are enjoying your work. Hope you are well my friend.....:-) Hugs
HI ANNE-
Ah yes, to belong, be a part of - truly life giving.
Love you
Gail
peace.....
Your joy shines through. Glad you feel you belong. I'm also glad you're enjoying your job. Sadly, my poem about early phone calls and being greeted with new students each day wouldn't be so upbeat!
(Word verification is "angsted".)
So nice to love what you do!
I sense your joy!
I really liked this poem!
Margie :)
I imagine it is nice to have children smile and say hello in the hallway...so nice that you enjoy your job, Anne.
Your poem is so full of optimism and joy! I taught several years in the northeast, and a phone call in the early morning meant "no school" due to snowstorms! I have to admit I loved those calls! So happy for you! me
To all my visitors,
Thank you! I do appreciate your comments and visits.
Take care and smile!
Post a Comment