August 05, 2011

Walk into the Darkness


This story that I am posting is a work in progress.

Night after night, She watched her cat run out the door into the darkness of the night. She wondered what it would be like to do the same. One hot Summer night, She did what her cat did.........Walked out the door! She had her favorite pink baseball cap upon her head and thought that was all she needed. Her name is Abigail Louise. As she walked, she noticed the silence all around. Her eyes gazed upon the glowing moon and noticed the sparkling stars glistening in the night sky. She was overcome by the beauty of the night. She walked for miles all alone at a slow leisurely pace taking in the beauty of the night. As she turned around the corner, a shadow was coming near. The shadow seemed to be whispering,"Abigail Louise, Abigail Louise!" Her heart stated pounding and her breathing became rapid.

8 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Wonderful - I felt like I was right there.

Good to have you back again!

J E Fritz said...

Very strong imagery. Good to talk to you again :)

Gail said...

Hi - it really grabbed my attention and desire to know what is next. great technique

Love Gail
peace......

Anne said...

Talli,
Thank for you nice comment. It meant alot to me. I have finished what I "think" is Chapter one, now onto Chapter Two. May post chapter one, but that is it. I can't get my character's name out of my head. I know you can relate.

Anne said...

JEFritz,
Nice to see you here. Good talking to you,too. Thanks for your feedback. I do appreciate it.

Anne said...

Hi Gail,
So glad you came for a visit. The bit you saw was just a part of Chapter One. I have finished that Chapter and now I am working on the next Chapter. This writing is quite different from picture books, but this story just came to me and the words just flowed.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Theresa Milstein said...

Interesting to read both posts at once. Now I can see where you started and where you progressed!

Anne said...

Theresa,
Thank you. Your imput is always welcome.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele