Once there was a cat named Mookie
Oh! she was a beauty!
She lived in a house with you and me.
Mookie rested and relaxed
wherever she may.
Then one day, along came Bart.
A small black dog was he.
At the sight of sweet little Bart,
Mookie ran to a place she thought was safe.
She was found underneath the bed curled
up just like a ball.
Bart began to bark and bark to let her
know that I am here to stay.
As time went on the two sweet pets
learned to share and sit side by side
in that house they lived in.
But, every so often as Bart went by
Mookie's paw would reach out to that
small little black dog, as if to say,
"I was here first!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Practice
Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele
-
My eyes opened wide and bright As the sun appeared through the window pane Jumping out of bed to step outside To see what was in store There...
-
The door flew open. Kitty Cat dashed right out. She ran as fast as she could. Where did she go? To meet her friends, Mookie and Panther,of c...
-
Dreaming of you in the daylight Even in the darkness of the night For when I close my eyes My thoughts are of you In the night I saw you In ...
20 comments:
Hehehe I have a cat like that too. VERY light paws even though he came in fifth. :-)
I really like this Cat and Dog Tale as I knew Mookie and Bart.
They were very sweet pets!
And I can really relate to your ending as that's just how Smokey was when we got Jake... Smokey used to hiss at Jake and I'm sure she was thinking "I was here first"
Be back to visit when I return to blogging in October.
Margie :)
OMG, the word verification had bess in the first, I think that's a sign of things to be, I'll know in a little while, I'll let you know.
Talk later.
Margie :)
*first letters*
aww so cute :) hahaha
Very sweet story, Anne.
When Sadie (big dog) came to live us and our two cats, the cats let Sadie know who was boss and Sadie agreed and they became BFF. So your tale brought big smiles!
Interesting the dynamics between a cat and a dog! Everyone seems to be constantly on his/her guard... Good read! a lot of nuances and plot turns...
You write the best poems. And I love the name 'Mookie'!
Hi Anne, Thanks for visiting me. I haven't been able to blog for so long. I missed it! Its good to be able to visit you again. ---Annette
Misha,
Welcome,Thanks for your visit.
Margie,
I knew you would like this little tale. See you here in October. Yes, that was a sign to what was to come! I am so happy for all of you!
Niki,
Nice to see you here and thank you!
Wanda,
Thanks, I appreciate your comment.
Smiles.
Claudia,
So nice to hear that this tale brought a smile to your face. I smiled when I wrote it and smiled at your comment.
Smiles all around!
Margaret,
Thanks for your sweet comment. Your visits and coments are always appreciated.
Take care.
Talli,
Thank you so much for your comment. It means so much to me. Mookie, my cat was named after a baseball player named Mookie Wilson.
Annette,
So happy to see you hear. I have missed you. Welcome back to blogging. I hope you stop by again, and I will do the same.
Smiles to you.
I'm glad it isn't a rhyming poem. Bart...fart. Oh, shame on me.
Sharon,
Me, too!!!!
Post a Comment