The Sandman didn't come last night
He tried with all his might
Sometimes, he can't make it
And when that happens
just grin and bear it
Perhaps he will come tomorrow
For the eyes are oh! so heavy!
January 14, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Practice
Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele
-
My eyes opened wide and bright As the sun appeared through the window pane Jumping out of bed to step outside To see what was in store There...
-
The door flew open. Kitty Cat dashed right out. She ran as fast as she could. Where did she go? To meet her friends, Mookie and Panther,of c...
-
Dreaming of you in the daylight Even in the darkness of the night For when I close my eyes My thoughts are of you In the night I saw you In ...
9 comments:
Hi Anne - sending peaceful, calm thoughts so you find restful sleep tonight.
Love Gail
peace.....
Cute little poem!
I too had a sleepless night.
Hope the sandman comes tonight.
Smiles ...
Ah, I've had too many nights like this! An afternoon nap might help if you can squeeze it in. Sweet dreams!
Hehehe, love it, Anne. I've had about five out of seven of those. UGH. Here's to great sleep for the both of us.
Thanks,Gail for your peaceful and calm thoughts. Glad to see you hear.
Glad you liked my poem, Margie. Smiles right back at you!
Thanks, Karen. Glad you stopped by.
Roybn, always nice to hear your thoughts on my writing. Thanks, my friend.
Anne,
I have been looking through your posts and enjoying your writing so very much.
This Sandman poem reminds me of a bedtime story that my Mom used to tell me and then I told my children.
Looking forward to reading more of your creative writing!
Thank you for your visit and I am following you along too!
Hugs,
Jemma
Post a Comment