Some people say you can't go home again
But I choose to disagree
When I walked through those big white doors
My heart skipped a beat
and the warm feelings that had always been there
came out loud and strong
At that moment I realized how much I missed
the place I had once been
My feelings were surely confirmed
when I was greeted with smiling
faces and big hugs hello!
With words of welcome and how have you been
I knew that I had come home!
Even when I pass through other doors big or small
I will think of that place and know I truly belong
And feel glad that I was blessed with such a wonderful place
So now because of that feeling I have, I now know that where ever I go
this special place that remains in my heart
will always be apart of me!
March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Practice
Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele
-
My eyes opened wide and bright As the sun appeared through the window pane Jumping out of bed to step outside To see what was in store There...
-
The door flew open. Kitty Cat dashed right out. She ran as fast as she could. Where did she go? To meet her friends, Mookie and Panther,of c...
-
Dreaming of you in the daylight Even in the darkness of the night For when I close my eyes My thoughts are of you In the night I saw you In ...
8 comments:
A really wonderful poem about comimg home. I truly enjoyed it and thank you again for your nice comment. I apreciate your visits.
Sorry, I made an error. Just wanted to say that I really enjoy your poems especially this one. Home is a place where heart and arms should always welcome you. I enjoy Margie's poems as well. I am so blessed to have found your blog. Have a wonderful day.
Hey Anne
I have to tell you, you are getting beter & better with your writing and I'm really glad to now call you, "My poet friend! "
Very nice poem!
Hey, it's soooooooo wonderful here in Moab... the guys are out riding their bikes and will be gone for about 4 hrs.
Jake & me are just beng lazy in the hotel!
Wish you were here....we could have fun shopping!
I'll call you when I get home.
My MRI is scheduled for Mon. at 7 pm, so we will leave here Mon.am about 8 am as it's an 8 hr. drive.
Take care, Anne!
Margie
Anne,
I just came back to tell you I knew right away you were talking about "Choices" in this poem.
Best one, yet!
Now, I have to get my lazy self going but I have to tell you it's wonderful to just be lazing around with Jake!
And, it was great talking with you just a little while ago.
How very lucky we are to be such good friends!
Margie
Wanda,
Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed my poem. I appreciate your visits too.
Bernie,
Thanks for your kind words. I am glad that you are enjoying my poems. I appreciate your visit. Thanks for visiting.
My friend, Margie,
My poet friend? I take that as a huge compliment from someone who is a TRUE poet. Thanks, my friend.
Also, you do know me so well. You did get the meaning! I am really enjoying writng.
Post a Comment