
In the dark of the night
As my eyes were shut
A shadow appeared by the bedpost
My eyes kept looking and looking
To figure out who had come for a visit
Still wondering my body froze with terror
As I called out," Who are you, Who are you?!!!"
The words from the shadow were so very faint
As the shadow moved closer and closer
My voice continued to ring out
Until I awoke, with your strong hand
intertwined with mine!
13 comments:
I can relate to that scary in-the-middle-of-the night feeling. I'm glad you had comfort at hand!
When I was in Ireland, I actually had a nightmare. My husband said I yelled in my sleep. Of course I did. Bad guys stole my car and then wandered my property. One of them surprised me when I saw him out the window. I guess that's when I shouted.
Hi-
powerful writing - I wonder who was lurking.
Love to you
Gail
peace and hope.....
What a dream....so glad you found comfort........:-) Hugs
Your blog change is lovely, Anne...but the dream...not at all...but your writing of it was very nice!
♥...Wanda
What a lovely departure from a nightmare, well-written Anne, maybe it meant you no harm, hopefully a benevolent ghost ;)
oh and if ever you need a photo for anything, I have over 20,000...just let me know what you're looking for and I'll gladly look
I can see why your dream was a nightmare, too. At least you saw the bad guys. Hopefully, there will be no more bad dreams for us.
Happy dreaming.
Hi Gail,
Thank you for your nice comment. Yes, I wondered too who was lurking. It was a very scary dream.
Take care.
Bernie,
What a dream it was. I was so glad to have my husband there. His hand was so very comforting.
Take care.
Smiles.
Wanda,
Thanks for the compiment about my new blog. The dream was very scary and I am glad that I had my husbands comfort.
Smiles.
Lorraine,
Yes, comfort is always good after I scary dream. Thank you, my dear about the offer of pictures. I will let you know. You are so sweet.
mypleasure :)
Shadows do lurk sometimes don't they. Always nice then to find a comforting hand.
Claudia,
Thanks for your visit.
Smiles to you.
Post a Comment