June 21, 2010

The Rain



The rain goes pitter patter
across the window pane
The thunder screams out loud
As the lightning cracks
Like a firecracker in the sky
So nice to be snug and dry inside
With my feet resting upon the bed
For books and writing tools
Are all I need
To pass the time away

15 comments:

Gail said...

HI-

great picture - wonderful words to create such an image. I love to watch the rain on our skylight right over the middle of our bed - I love all the views of sky and storm - nature and seasons - and to be snug and safe under the quilt - music and books around - our dog and our love - oh yes - let it rain. :-)

love to you
Gail
peace and hope.....

Claudia said...

Books and writing is my solace when the outdoors does not beckon. And even storms are to be appreciated (except tornadoes!). Lovely summer posting!

Lorraine said...

I like this very much...nothing goes better together than a rainy day, a good book, and a notebook with pencil nearby ;)

Wanda..... said...

Almost exactly what I was doing yesterday with 'mail art' Anne!

Enjoy stormy weather!
♥...Wanda

Together We Save said...

Great poem!! I love rainy days with nothing to do!

yonca said...

Beautiful poem!
Rainy days..movie days..hehe. We love to go to see a movie or stopping by Blockbuster and grab a few movies on rainy days.

Theresa Milstein said...

What a nice dichotomy between the inside and outside, with the window as the barrier between chaos and peace.

Lorraine said...

I miss you Anne...are you on holidays? hope so, and hope you're having a ball!!!!

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Amazing!

Wednesday Wallpapers

Anonymous said...

I love being all snuggly on a rainy day. Your new look is great. Have been catching up on your posts. :o) XX

Wanda..... said...

Anne...I didn't know you were recuperating from foot surgery!
Hope everything is going well otherwise. Take care!!!
♥...Wanda

Unknown said...

Hey:) I've posted something new today, I think it will help you with the scars, it works for me. Take a look and let me know.
Have a great day!:)

yonca said...

Hope you're having a great summer!Miss you!

Theresa Milstein said...

I just wanted to say hi. Hope all is well.

Anne said...

Thank you for all your comments and visits. I do appreciate them. I will try to get back at viewing your posts and commenting.
Take care,All.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele