October 27, 2010

The Door



Something is lurking behind that door
At the corner of where you are
No one seems to come out anymore
What goes on behind those closed doors?
Is it happiness and joy?
That need not be shared
Or dismay and disappointment
That need to stay where it is
Whatever lies behind that door
We rally to help in anyway we can.

19 comments:

Bernie said...

Now you have me wondering what is behind that door....if it is happiness it should be shared and if its a disappointement it should be shared (just my opinion) I really feel the more our feelings are shared the better we all would be.......:-) Hugs

Gail said...

Hi

Intriguing poem. So many doors behind which lives, un-be-knownst to us are happening - unfolding happily and or sadly. I wonder.

Love to you always
Gail
peace.....

Quay Po Cooks said...

Sharing is a good therapy! It heals! What a lovely poem!

Claudia said...

Very interesting.I do confess to loving doors and all its meanings. My son'sfirst word was "door." Go figure.

Anne said...

Bernie,
I am not sure what is behind that door. All is well and good. I really don't know how I came up with that poem. Sometimes, the words just come to me.
Smiles to you.

Anne said...

Hi Gail,
Life is full of wonder and intriqe. I,too wonder. Thank so much for your understanding the poem so well.
Take care.

Anne said...

Quay Po Cooks,
Thank you for your visit and thank you for your nice comment.
Smiles to you.

Anne said...

Claudia,
The wonders of what lies behind doors is always intriqing. I do always wonder. Would you believe that my son's first word was door, too? We share someting in common.
Take care.

Wanda..... said...

A closed door and an open door can make us feel so many different ways.
Nice poem Anne. I follow someone that posts a different door every day!

J E Fritz said...

I love the poem. It makes me think that I should be careful no matter what is behind the door. I'm visiting (or haunting I suppose) from Theresa's blog. If you're ever up for an MS swap, I am too.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

It's funny about doors like this. Some people will be eager to open it, others scared, some take their time to do it just right. A thoughtful post. I'm here from Theresa's haunting. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!

Anne said...

Hi Wanda,
So very true about doors and their meaning. Love to know about that blogger. Thanks for the nice comment.
Smiles to you.

Anne said...

Hi JEFritz,
Thanks for your visit, nice comment and the follow. I haunted your blog as well.
Have a great day.

Anne said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for your visit, the thoughtful comment and the follow.
Smiles to you.

yonca said...

I don't know what made me think like that but might be a surprise party behind that door:)

Anne said...

yonca,
Now that's a thought!
Smiles to you!

Robyn Campbell said...

I gotta know what's behind that door! We have lots of doors to open in life. Lots of choices as we walk through those doors. Nice poem. :) Following you from Theresa's Halloween Haunting. Happy weekend. I write too. Hoping to find an agent. YEAH!

Emily said...

Hello! Thanks for "haunting" my blog. :) I see you're a substitute teacher too. How long have you been doing it? This is my first time, and I'm kind of liking it. The calls haven't been too regular yet tho...

Anne said...

Emily,
Thanks for stopping by. I have been a Substitute for 2 years and I reallly like it. Once you get started, When schools and teachers get to know you, then the calls come in more frequently. Be patient.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele