
When the lights went out
There was a stillness all around
No one was about
The only sound that was heard
Was the faint sound of a doorbell ringing
Was it real or just a dream?
No one will know or tell
For all were asleep
As the faint sound was heard.
20 comments:
Hi
Oh the magic and mystery of night is both frightening and comforting. I love the distant sounds and shadows that cast images that may or may not be real. Great picture ad post.
Love you
Gail
peace.....
I love snuggling in bed listening to the sounds of the night.
I hope you get good news from the publisher re your book :o)
Ringing door bells in the middle of the night are alarming to me!
Beautiful poem, Choices! It has a cosy, and nostalgic feel to it for me.
(At our house it's usually me ringing the doorbell, when I've been looking at the stars through my telescope, and forgotten my key!)
Gosh Anne, this is really good, reminds me of a dream I had...I woke up half way down the hall...In my dream the doorbell was ringing and I went to answer it. It was so real.....:-0 Hugs
Gail,
Yes, the magic and mystery of the night can carry so many emotions. When I awoke, I wondered, did the doorbell really ring?
Take care. Smiles to you.
Niki,
I hope I get good news, too. If not, I will just keep trying and someday hopefully something will happen.
Wanda,
Ringing doorbells in the middle of the night can be alarming. I just opened my eyes, looked around and fell back asleep. In the morning, I asked my husband,"Did you hear the doorbell ring last night?" When, he didn't hear it, I knew it was just a dream.
Raph,
Thanks so much for your visit and comment. Hope to see you again.
Bernie,
Wow! That is really something that we had kind of the same dream. I didn't even move. All I did was just opened my eyes and then fell back asleep.
Smiles to you.
I am always itrigued when I am unclear what was real or what was a dream... and maybe they're a combination...
You captured such a tranquil, peaceful moment. In the city, even a small one, quiet moments are rare. There's nothing like waking up to the stillness of the night. Actually, sleeping through it is better.
I found your website through Gails, and Daisy's are my favorite flower.
Beautiful Blog! Your poetry reflects your whimsical spirit.
Rachel
Claudia,
Dreams can by funny that way. It makes you think real or not real. Thanks for your visit.
Theresa,
Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I do appreciate it.
Children without Voices,
Thank you for visiting and your nice comments. Daisy are my favorite flower, too.
Take care.
Rachel,
Thank you for your visit. What a lovely comment. Thank you.
Smiles to you.
Beautiful poem Choice! Have a great day!
Thanks, yonca.
Smiles to you!
Post a Comment