June 30, 2009

Finding You

It all happenned six years ago in June
I had to get away to find my peace
and inner strength
The ones who meant the most still remain
as strong as can be
I know now how bold it was
Coming here and not knowing a soul
I didnot know how life would be
All I knew of a dream one night
of a faceless man who upon his back
wore railroads on his shirt
One dear friend who remains so strong
expressed the meaning to me.
Someone was here waiting for you.
It took some time to find my way
hurdles, struggles, finding peace,
and the person I am today.
When I finally found my peace
and become a stronger me,
I do believe that man came to me.

8 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Anne...your show of confidence in who you have become is touching...we all need to be still and listen to our inner voice...and do what we feel is right for us...You seem very happy with your choices.

Anne said...

Wanda, yes, I am very happy with the choices that I have made.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Our inner guidance has right intention - yours is a journey back to self - so pleased for your found markers!

Thank you for stopping by APOGEE Poet - a shared visit is always a joy.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

PS I would be pleased to "follow" and invite you to do the same. Do you offer that option?

Anne said...

Rose Marie,Thanks for stopping by. I would be happy to have as a follower. I will stop by your blog.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Great - I am not posted on your blog as a follower. Best always, Rose Marie

The lady in Red said...

Dear friend, going inside is a journey, we discover how strong we are. Great Post!
Best wishes,
Rosana

Anne said...

The lady in Red,
Welcome as one of my followers. Your words are so very true. Thank you for your comments.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele