October 27, 2009

The Outing




Uncle Jack and Less jumped into the car
Less wanted to know if they would go far
The traveled awhile and stopped for lunch
and munched on the good food Mama Tess made
Then it was time to be on there way
Because they were going to the bay
As they drove they started to sing
After awhile, Less fell asleep
And there was not a peep
Finally, they stopped at the bay
and it was time for a fun day.
It was time for Less to wake up
Less looked all around and with a big smile,
said,"Go,Unc Yack!" and so they did.
They strolled on the sand and found some shells
that went into the sack.
The sea gulls were flying and they ran with the gulls.
Less and his Uncle Jack built sand castles and sand pies
and used some of the shells on top of the tower.
They were there for many hours
And it was time to go back home.
As they walked to the car
Less took Uncle Jack's hand and said,
"Thank you, Unc Yack!"
As he said that, Uncle Jack held
Less up high and placed him on
his shoulders and they went back to the car.

5 comments:

Margie said...

Such a delight to read this!

Hope you had a good day!

Take care my dear friend!

Margie:)

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

And that is what a child's memory holds to - those times of loving connection with people and places explored and newly known. I joined in the shell gathering.

Thank you for stopping by today. I left a message but wanted to be sure you would see it, so I have taken the liberty of posting it here as well. It is coincidental that it also will take you to the water...

Choices, Thank you. My son recently vacationed in Florida. He sent me photos of the sunsets outside of his seaside window. They were so magical that I felt present. So let me suggest you visit: "Luminous Majesty," "Sail I," "By the Sea," "Water's Lure". They are all October's posts. Now it is my turn to say thank you Florida for all of your "vibrant colors." So pleased you stopped by.

Bernie said...

I am just like a little kid reading your stories, I love Less!
.....:-) Hugs

Gail said...

HI-

oh how I love what you create here in story - it is every child's right to live such a life - 'thank you so much'

Love Gail
peace.....

Wanda..... said...

I still think you are writing a book Anne and you are testing the waters with us! Sweet story!

Luv and Smiles,
Wanda

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele