January 22, 2010

My Cats



I had a cat named Mookie,when she was so small
She fit snuggly in the palm of my hand
She greeted me each and every day at the door
She would roll on her back and give a gentle meow.
My dear sweet cat, sat on my head to rest at night.
Sadly, she was put to rest.
Then there was the big black one, Panther
He loved the smell of tuna and always came a running
He loved the sound of plastic
An open door was his joy
I always ran to get him and brought him back inside
His fiestiness got too much
To bear,so sadly he was released.
Now there is sweet Kitty
She loves to be petted, and moves around for more
Ever so gentle with her little paw, she taps you on the
Arm to say,I want some more.
Her fur is soft and fluffy
She is such a sweetie.
I am so glad I know have
Miss Kitty.

8 comments:

Barry said...

Pets are a joy and each has its own personality.

We've had both cats and dogs over the years and have loved them all.

Margie said...

Hi Anne
Oh, nice sharing about your cats!
I remember Mookie and Panther and the stories you used to tell me about them.

Now, you have your sweet Miss Kitty!
I hope she will be with you for a long time as it's so sad when they have to leave us!

Enjoyed this very much!

Margie:)

Gail said...

Hi-

lovely sentiments about your cats. And Miss Kitty I imagine is quite a lady to love. :-)

Love Gail'
peace.....

Anne said...

Barry,
Thank you for stopping by. Yes, pets are a joy and bring so much to our lives.

Anne said...

Margie,
You knew Mookie well. Panther was sooo different. Yes, now Miss Kitty, she reminds me in alot of ways, of my dear sweet Mookie.
Take care, my friend.

Anne said...

Hi Gail,
Thank you for your lovely comment. . We just call her Kitty, but a friend of my husband's calls her Miss Kitty and it is very fittting.
Have a good day.

Bernie said...

Anne, what joy your pets brought to you and your home and what a loving home they lived in...Hugs

Anne said...

Bernie,
So glad to see you here. Yes, pets do bring joy to a home. They are do become part of the family.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele