
I have always opened my heart to you
Stood beside you through good times and bad
There was a short time where you did the same
Expressing feelings that were long to come
But I knew they would
Pride swelled up deep down in the soul
For you had grown to understand
Who the players are
Perhaps that was the first chapter
Because now the book is closed
Trying very hard to search new facts on my own
But I have learned far too much
And I need not know anymore.
Just in case, a new chapter needs
To be written by you
A candle will be burning in the window
To guide you to our door.
14 comments:
Beautiful! Ilove poems, it's a great way to express your feelings through eloquent words.
Beautiful expressions, Anne.
♥...Wanda
Anne, this is so beautiful, right from the heart......:-) Hugs
I adore the photo, the title is priceless and lovely write-u[
Hi
Oh my - how lovely and profound these words are. I feel so connected to it's meanings for I too have candles in our windows to guide her way back home. I am deeply touched.
Love Gail
peace.....
yonca,
Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.
Have a wonderful day.
Wanda,
Thank you so much.
Have a wonderful day.
Smiles to you.
Bernie,
Thank you so much. It did come from the heart. I am glad you felt it.
Take care.
Lorraine,
Thank you for your lovely words.
I do appreciate your visits.
Take care and smiles to you.
Gail,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I knew you would feel connected to these words. I am so glad you did. That is our connection.
Take care.
Dear Anne,
This is so lovely! You need to put these in a book!!!!
Blessings my sweet blogging friend
Hi VKT,
Wow! Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment. Every since my college days, I have wanted to write. It has ben a dream to write a children's story. So, again, thank you for your confidence.
I agree with VKT, put them in a book :o)
Niki,
Thank you. That is quite a compliment from a published writer.
Post a Comment