Look Up Look Up
The eyes did just that
New horizons and sights
Oh! the eyes did see.
With the head held high
The body stood tall
Wanting to go for more
As my feet lightly glided
Along the way I felt like
I could touch the trees
As my speed picked up
The clouds seemed to
Be in my reach.
Oh! What Glee!
As others passed by with their
Heads to the ground,
I wanted to shout,
"Look Up! Look Up,
The Feeling is Grand!"
August 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Practice
Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele
-
My eyes opened wide and bright As the sun appeared through the window pane Jumping out of bed to step outside To see what was in store There...
-
The door flew open. Kitty Cat dashed right out. She ran as fast as she could. Where did she go? To meet her friends, Mookie and Panther,of c...
-
Dreaming of you in the daylight Even in the darkness of the night For when I close my eyes My thoughts are of you In the night I saw you In ...
12 comments:
Hi
I could see you as you reached to the sky with your eyes and your feet in rhythm as you ran.
I think this is freedom at it's best.
Love to you
Gail
peace.....
GREAT POEM ANNE!!!
You expressed your joy of running so well...I once read...it would be hard to stay in a down mood if one just lifted their eyes and looked up.
Hi Anne
I really enjoyed this poem!
Thank you!
Margie:)
Oh, a poem after my own heart! A giraffe perspective! It works, doesn't it?!
Hi Greetings:)
Lovely poem propagating a simple but powerful message.
When we are loaded with problems, burdened with the weight of misery and misfortunes, it becomes almost impossible to look up and see the heavenly glory.
When our spirits are down, when our hearts are heavy with pain, we become pessimistic and fail to grasp the positive side of the coin which will lift us up inexorably to the clouds, skies and beyond to fill us up with delight joy and happiness.
Even otherwise, most of us don't look up as a matter of habit, we look down fully immersed in our thoughts and as a result we become blind to our surroundings and fail to appreciate the beauty all around us.
A small quot:
TWO MEN LOOKED OUT OF THE PRISON WINDOW,
ONE SAW THE MUD AND THE OTHER THE STARS.
Your clarion call"LOOK UP! LOOK UP" is the need of the day and serves as an eye opener to all of us.
I enjoyed your excellent poem and these are some thoughts that came to my mind.
Have a good day:
Joseph
Lovely. Such a sense of weightlessness in that one.
Gail, Yes, it is freedom at it's best. A wonderful feeling!
Wanda,
Thank you. I do have much joy. I even have an Ipod which brings more joy.
Thanks, Margie. Glad you liked my poem.
Ralph,
Yes it does work. Thanks so much for your visit.
Joseph,
Thank you for stopping by and giving me your prespective.
Margaret,
Thank you.
Take care.
Post a Comment