August 01, 2009

Reaching High

There is a new regime in town
The body needs a change
The beauty of the outdoors
Is calling out loud and clear
So the feet went out to meet it
The feet did some walking and then
When the eyes came upon an object
The feet rushed out to meet it.
Oh! how glorious a feat indeed.
There is a goal in mind to reach
Where I did before
Perhaps I can excede it
Oh! What a joy that will be.

10 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Sounds like you are taking up walking and trying to break your distance record...right? wrong? :)

Gail said...

Hi Anne-

I too struggle with your meaning, intent. I do feel that there is a goal, a task at hand or foot, and you see it, and are going towards it. Perhaps a metaphor for some personal challenge right before you.

Love to you
Gail
peace.....

Anne said...

Wanda, Yes, you got it right, I am taking up walking/running again and I am trying to break my distant record. When I did this awhile back I was up to running 5 miles.

Anne said...

Gail, I want to start running again. When I did it before I was up to running 5 miles. So, yes there is a goal in mind, I want to see if I can break my distance record.
Take care.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

I like your poem and I see we have similar tastes in our header photos. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. I'll be back too!

Margie said...

Hi Anne
Just keep on Reaching High!
Just be careful of your knee!

I wish I was able to run like I used to but can't due to the minicius tear, but I do walk each day but sure miss running!

Take care ~

Margie:)

Anne said...

Hi Bonnie,
Nice to hear that you liked my poem. I quess we both like daisies. Thank you for stopping by.

Anne said...

Margie,
Thanks for being concerned about my knees. I am being careful. I am enjoying the walking/running, now I need to get an Ipod and everything will be perfect.
Take care.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Dear Anne, GO GO FOR IT! As you run, be aware of all that is around you, focus on your breathing, and think the word "UP" - allow it to be your running mantra. Thinking the word "UP" has so many benefits. - Let me know what differences you feel when you are running thinking "UP" - you will be surprised I am sure!

PS Among my professional roles, "Empowerment Coach."

Anne said...

Rose Marie,
Thank you for your support. I will think "UP". I will keep you posted.
Take Care.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele