July 30, 2009

Ode to Sarah



Words can not express the feelings that I posses
Upon learning of your fate
We knew each other as co-workers
Working side by side each and every day
We discussed the ideas we had to make our classrooms work.
Your love for teaching and creative ways adorned your
Room each day.
When you received the Award for
The Most Creative Classroom you
proudly put it on the wall
I couldn't help, but notice a
beautiful smile came upon your face.
I hope you know how special you were
to all the lives you touched.
Sarah, you will not be forgotten.

8 comments:

Margie said...

Dear Anne
We talked about Sarah the last few days & I know you were very upset!
I hope that your writing about her helped you deal with her sad fate!

I'm sure she will always be in your memory.

Take care, my friend & if you need to talk some more, know that I am always here for you.

Very nice writing!

Margie

Wanda..... said...

Anne...I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend and the pain you are feeling...Life experiences are hard sometimes...
Take Care,
Wanda

Gail said...

Dear Anne-

I am so sorry to read of your friend's passing. And so too it seems she has left behind a legacy - a passion for creative teaching and that many many lives have been wondrously changed because of her. May I humbly celebrate that today while I honor your loss.

Love and peace
Gail

Anne said...

Margie,
Thank you for your listening ear. I really appreciate it. Yes, writing does help me to express my feelings and it did make me feel better. You take care,too, my friend.

Anne said...

Hi Wanda,
Thank you for your kind words. It truly is a loss for all that new her. Yes, Life is hard sometimes, but then there are so many good things in life as well.
Take care.

Anne said...

Gail,
Thank you for your kind sentiments. What a nice way to put it-She has left a legacy -a passion for creative teaching and lives have been wonderously changed. That is so true. She will always be remembered.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

Each time we are touched by death more intimately, we come to value those moments called life. And when a life, such as that of your friend, touches another, as well she has, her memory is infused with life anew. This your gift to her.

Anne said...

Rose Marie,
Thank you for your thoughts on Sarah. She did touch many different lives and she will be remembered.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele