July 05, 2009

My Dear, Dear Friend

I know your presence surrounds me
I think of you quite often
At times, when I pass by our
favorite hangouts, a smile comes upon my face.
I do often think of what you would say
or how you would feel about how life has been.
Your windchimes still adorn the outside of my house.
The ringing of the chimes lets me know you still
are near.
There was a time when I heard your voice
ring out in the night.
It was so comforting and I reached out a hand.
The night before my wedding, your voice rang out
loud and clear.
I know you were there to say hello and tell me
about your happiness.
I didnot reach out my hand, but you should know
your presence still abounds me.

5 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Whoever your thoughts were meant for Anne...I'm sure if they could read them...they would be grateful for such sincere words. Thank you for your sweet comment at my blog!

CiCi said...

Your friend shared in your happiness. Friends like that stay with us in spirit.

Rose Marie Raccioppi said...

One feels the gratitude and reverence for friendship in the expression of your memories. I too can feel her presence.

Anne said...

Wanda,
Thank you for your kind words. I know my friend would be grateful for my words and thoughts.

Anne said...

Rose Marie,
Yes, I do have such fond memories of my dear friend. She had a presence about her that was felt by all.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele