March 22, 2010

My Dad



I think of you often
Wishing you could have met him
You would have loved him
As much as I do
I wish I could tell you
He has the same qualities
That I always admired in you
I wish I could tell you
You share a very special day
The day you were born
Perhaps that is why
He reminds me of you
It has been said
He was sent to me by you
If that is true
Thank you, Dear Dad
For sending a Gem!

12 comments:

Margie said...

Oh, my dear friend!
I love this poem!
You are a lucky lady to have found someone like your dad as I know how much you admired & loved your dad!
For sure, your dad sent him to you!

Talk soon!

Margie :)

Wanda..... said...

Maybe this is what is meant by a marriage made in heaven, Anne. Lovely poem.

Bernie said...

Anne this is absolutely lovely, I am glad you have that special someone in your life that reminds you or your dad.....you are so close to your brother Anne and I can tell by your poems how much you love your parents.....:-) Hugs

Lorraine said...

BEautiful family inheritance Anne :)

Theresa Milstein said...

So sweet. What a lovely way to remember your father.

VKT said...

This is so lovely Anne. How thrilled your Dad must be looking down on his sweet daughter and her spouse. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings!

Anne said...

Margie,
Thank you so much for your nice comment. Yes, I do feel very lucky!

Anne said...

Hi Wanda,
Yes, a marriage made in heaven. Fairy tales do come true where she finds her true love. I do appreciate your nice comment.

Anne said...

Bernie,
Thank you so much for your lovely comment.
I appreciate it.

Anne said...

Lorraine,
Thanks.
Smiles to you.

Anne said...

Hi Theresa,
Thanks for you nice comment. I do appreciate your visits.

Anne said...

VKT,
What a lovely thing to say. I do think that my father is looking down with a huge smile on his face.
Smiles to you.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele