March 02, 2010

A Substitute Teacher's Day



Standing in the room
Glancing all around
Children's work all on the walls
Teaching strategies and rules tell all
Of all the learning that is going on
While the chidren work side by side
As they eagerly raise their hands
To tell what they have learned
My minds starts to wander
As to how I would dearly
Love to have a classroom of my own again
Then, I start to think, What I am doing
fits perfectly
Coming in to teach for that day,
Just suits me fine.

15 comments:

Margie said...

Hi Anne
Loved your poem!

Have a wonderful day, my friend!

Margie :)

Wanda..... said...

Finding the good in where we are at, in our lives... is the best way to live.
Smiles to you Anne,
Wanda

Bernie said...

Loving what you are doing and having the choice as to when to do it is something only few people enjoy Anne. I am so happy you are one of these people.

All is good Anne, life is so wonderful........:-) Hugs

Claudia said...

Hope the day was grand. I subbed for three years. Oh the stories! Oh those kids!

Margie said...

Hi Anne
I came back to leave another comment as I was in a hurry when I was here earlier in the day.

I know you love your job as substitue teacher and know what a good teacher you are!
Lucky kids, lucky you!

Margie :)

Lorraine said...

Oh I enjoy that, it's wonderful to do something you love!

Anne said...

Hi Margie,
I am glad that you liked my little poem.

Anne said...

Wanda,
I do always try to find the good in life. It is the best way to live. Life is good.
Take care and smiles back to you.

Anne said...

Bernie,
I do feel truly grateful and blessed that I am able to do what I do. Life is good!

Anne said...

Hi Claudia,
Yes, the subbing days can be grand or not. Since you have subbed, I am sure you can relate to that. I do enjoy it.
Thanks for stopping by. Glad to see you here.

Anne said...

Margie,
Thanks for stopping by again. That is so sweet of you to stay that I am a good teacher. Thank you.
I do feel very lucky to be able to sub.
Take care.

Anne said...

Lorraine,
Thanks so much for your visit. It is wonderful to love what you do. It makes your days happy.

VKT said...

Great poem. You have such a positive attitude! I am following you now!

Anne said...

Dear VKT.
Thanks for the nice comment. Thanks for the visit and your following.
Hope you are having a wonderful day.

Paul Swendson said...

I was a substitute teacher for a while, and I wish that I could say that I shared the feelings expressed in this poem. (I'm teaching community college now part-time, which is a version of subbing in a sense.) Anyway, I respect anyone who can perform your job with joy.

Practice

Practice, Practice Strum, Strum, Strum Hear the notes and the strings Singing along makes it fun The Ukulele